I Art & Débats d’Idées
- Art & Contestation
- How do artists use their work as political statements?
- Does art have a duty to contest the status quo?
- What is the role of art and culture in political contestation?
- Does art have a duty to be subversive?
- How has the African diaspora reclaimed their history through art and culture?
- Art qui fait Débat
- The purpose of art is to produce thinking, do you agree?
- Can anything be art? What makes a piece Art?
- Art must be beautiful to be considered art, do you agree?
- L’art du débat
- How do body posture and rhetoric affect our impression of a speech?
- How do the rhetorical devices used in these speeches affect the audience?
II Expression et Construction de Soi
- Expression des emotions
– how do authors display emotion despite the British “stiff upper lip?
-is it possible to display emotions and be reserved at the same time?
- Mise en scène de soi
- what ways do artists and authors use to present themselves?
- Initiation, apprentissage
- How is the bildungsroman presented in literature?
- How is the theme of growing up dealt with in art and literature?
III Voyages, territoires, et frontières
1. Exploration et Aventure
-How is travelling essential to evolve ?
-Does travelling enhance knowledge ?
-How does exploration affect our society ?
-To what extent has travelling affected nations ?
-How has travelling evolved over time ?
2.Ancrage et Heritage
- “We write about what we know” – How is this shown in Commonwealth literature?
- How is food used to represent our heritage in art and literature?
3.Migration et Exile
– How do immigrant writers and artistsdeal with the theme of integration in their work?