For an extra joker write about 5 activities you enjoy in Spring!
I hope you’re enjoying your holidays – but don’t forget the exams are coming up, so here’s some tips to help you revise, and not just for your English exams!
- Plan ahead and don’t just revise the night before, you learn something better 4 X 30 minutes than 2 hours just before the exam.
2. Reread & practice your old tests – LOTS OF TEACHERS USE THE SAME EXERCISES IN THE EXAMS!!
3. Practice, don’t just read! Research says we should « learn » for 20% of the time and test ourselves for the other 80%, do exercises from the end of chapter & back of the book, use quizlet, do exercises online at anglaisfacile, ask people to test you.
4. Make notes of the important information, don’t just re-read it.
5. Highlighting in coloured pens is pretty, but you learn much better by making notes and testing yourself than by decorating your work!
6. For your English exams you must revise everything we’ve done since September – grammar, vocabulary and themes.
7. Bring me the notes you make to revise for English and you’ll get an extra joker!
8. Good Luck! – there’s no need to panic, revise a little and often, and remember eating well, a little exercise and plenty of sleep are the best ways to succeed!
If you want a joker between 29th January and 2nd February then write a text about last weekend, using verbs that start with every letter of the alphabet…
On Saturday I ATE some pancakes, then I BUILT a house from lego…
What are your resolutions this year? If you want a free joker then write 5 resolutions and give me them.
And come and ask me about mine!
I hope you had a great holiday and that you are ready to come back to school and work hard this term – me yes!!
Looking forward to seeing you on Monday 🙂
To win an extra joker this week, tell me what Mrs Harris and other English people will be celebrating on the 5th November!
What will you do in the holidays???
Write your holiday verbs – 10 for the 5ème, 15 for the 4ème and 20 for the 3ème!
And… happy holidays!
Autumn is here so for this week’s joker give me a list of words related to autumn; 10 from 5èmes, 15 from 4èmes and 20 from 3èmes. If you want you can send them via instagram to @fabenglishteacher with a photo.