The 5th November is a special day in England, write an explanation of why and give it to your teacher – you can illustrate it if you want.
Hi! I hope you enjoy the holidays. If, like me you use this time to organise and study here are some ideas:
- Check all your vocabulary tests are corrected 3 times
- Play quizlet to learn the vocabulary
- Reread the textbook and complete all the workbook exercises up to our current page.
FOR THE NEXT JOKER- Take four photos during your holiday, when you return to school come and see me in break and describe the photos to me.
To win an extra joker this week write a letter to you teacher about your progress in English this term.
5ème – tu peux écrire en français si tu veux, explique ce que tu as appris, ce qui était facile, difficile, etc, et tes objectifs jusqu’à Noel.
4ème – Same as 5ème but in English please!
3ème – Same as 4ème – and don’t forget to use the letter format you learnt in class!
The holidays don’t start until Friday afternoon, so if you work hard this week you can enjoy your time off next week 🙂
Hi everyone, hope you’re having a good week, to win a joker this week give me a hobby for at least 15 letters of the alphabet:
abseiling, biking, cooking…
Can you find 26?!
Everyone got great results in the vocabulary tests last week so keep up the good work! Your ICD grammar lessons are now on this site so take a look and start doing practice exercises for your tests next week.
THIS WEEK’S JOKER = Write FIVE phrases, each using a word from vocabulary list 2.
Don’t forget it’s the school photos this Tuesday, and if you want an extra « appui » English class for Friday afternoon ask me before Wednesday lunch.
Can’t wait to see you all on Thursday, I just know we’re going to have a brilliant year together so before we start, let’s get a few things clear –
- We’re in this together, the whole class is there to help you learn, so ask for help and help others when they need it.
2. I LOVE mistakes! How else can you learn what is right? NEVER,NEVER be afraid of getting anything wrong in my class – the more mistakes you make, the more you learn!
3. Everyone has a second (and third, and fourth… chance!) so if you do something wrong – don’t worry about it, fix it instead! For example if you forget your homework or books then you have two jokers – free excuses where it’s ok to forget stuff. If you need another joker then check out this site or ask me what you need to do to get another one!
FIRST JOKER OR THE YEAR! – Draw a postcard and write a paragraph or two about your holidays and give it to Mrs Harris!
Finally, remember I’m always here for you and ready to help or answer any questions you or your parents have!