I hope you don’t need a joker yet! But if you want to collect extra jokers then make me a postcard of your holiday! – Draw a picture and add some phrases to explain- where you went and what you did 🙂
A special joker subject just for our Open Day 14th May!
Come and see Mrs Harris in Room 8, tell her one thing you can see in her room (in English of course!) for every year of your age, 14 things if you’re 14 etc. – You win your sweets direct in class!
If you’ve got some free time why not practise your English & win a joker?
- List 10 things you can see around you
- Write 10 things you will do today
Send either of these (or both for 2 JOKERS!!) to Mrs Harris by mail, or give them in class, or add them to the comments box below!
Teach your English teacher a new word in English AND remember it yourself one week later!
Write the name of 10 famous people who speak English and their jobs, fore example:
Mrs Harris- she is an English teacher!
If you need another joker then write me a list of 20 verbs with irregular past tenses, you can probably find a list at the back of your textbook 🙂
This one is very easy, simply show Mrs Harris your ring binder – up to date, with all the indexes completed, vocab tests corrected and big tests signed 🙂
Welcome back! I hope you had a great holiday and are ready to start work! Here are some ideas to help you make the best possible start to the year!
- Get prepared! – Buy plenty of paper and fill up your pencil case! For ring binders I suggest you wait until you know what colour your coursebook will be, it’s much easier to bring the right binder if it’s the same colour as your book, DO NOT buy 10 binders the same colour!!
2. Start using your brain again! Read a book (yes a book!!😳) Play quizlet to revise your vocab,etc.
3. Try and get a good night’s sleep the night before class starts – but don’t panic that you can’t sleep, one short night won’t matter if you are well rested from the holidays, and a couple of days at school will help you sleep earlier pretty quickly!
4. Read this article over on my other website. This new site is still under construction, but you will find lots of information on Learning Strategies and Language Coaching that will help you learn even better than before!
Hi! Hope you had a great holiday! Here are some ways to win new jokers this term- there are lots of things to do for our Open Day on Saturday 24th April 🙂
Make a Poster
All classes: make a poster of any of the following topics:
Töpffer Lycée – Geneva- English class-Anglophones-Appuis
6ème: make a poster of:
Your Invented School-Pets-A recipe-Charlie & the Chocolate Factory – A day in London with paddington -Design a superhero
Make a Mindmap
This can be on any theme you’ve studied in English this year, so for the 4ème for example; Ireland, canada, time Capsules, Australia… 6ème; school (rules, uniforms, subjects…)Pets & how to care for them, London, Food, …
Write a letter
Write a letter to a future student (in English!) telling them why they should come to our school
Bring Something tasty!
Anyone who brings something they’ve made (along with the recipe in English) to the Open Day gets an extra Joker!
Mrs Harris needs help building her lego london, come to anglophone on Monday 5pm or Wednesday 1pm and give her a hand!
What do you think Mrs Harris did in the holidays? Get 5 phrases right and win yourself a joker!