For an extra joker this week write a letter to Mrs Harris about Autumn, you can include a poem if you like and a picture too!
The end of term is arriving and many of you need a joker to make up for forgotten books or homework!
The objective of homework, and these jokers is for you to think in English for a little moment outside class, this greatly improves your English level IN class.
As you haven’t had time to do the English I asked you to do outside class, tell me instead when you did « meet » English this week;
Write a list of moments you spoke/heard/read or wrote English outside class this week and give it to Mrs Harris 🙂
To win a joker this week, choose a country and write a postcard telling Mrs Harris why she should visit this country 🙂
I’m sure everyone is very organised this term, but if you would like to win a joker then write and tell me five things I don’t know about you 🙂
Here are some tips to help you revise, and not just for your English exams! (and an extra joker!)
- Plan ahead and don’t just revise the night before, you learn something better 4 X 30 minutes than 2 hours just before the exam.
2. Reread & practice your old tests – LOTS OF TEACHERS USE THE SAME EXERCISES IN THE EXAMS!!
3. PRACTICE, don’t just read! Research says we should « learn » for 20% of the time and test ourselves for the other 80%, do exercises from the end of chapter & back of the book, use quizlet, do exercises online at anglaisfacile, ask people to test you.
4. MAKE NOTES of the important information, don’t just re-read it.
5. Highlighting in coloured pens is pretty but NOT efficient, you learn much better by making notes and TESTING YOURSELF than by decorating your work!
6. For your English exams you must revise everything we’ve done since September – grammar, vocabulary and themes.
7. Bring me the notes you make to revise for English and you’ll get an extra joker!
8. Good Luck! – there’s no need to panic, revise a little and often, and remember eating well, a little exercise and plenty of sleep are the best ways to succeed!
The 5th November is a special day in England, write an explanation of why and give it to your teacher – you can illustrate it if you want.