Now we’re back at school some of need a new joker or two. To win a joker this week tell me 5 things you did during confinement.
Mr Dumoulin is joining Mr and Mrs Gabioud in Paris this weekend, representing the lycée at a salon at Porte de Versailles – pop along if you are in the vicinity!
If you are not in Paris, but you want a little holiday fun and an extra joker then tell me five things you think they should visit while they are in Paris – and explain why!
Extra joker if you put your answer in the comments box below!
This photo was taken this summer, I’m just finishing a race in Morzine with a couple of friends. The race was very hard and we are filthy (= very dirty) and exhausted ( = very tired). You can’t see but we are about to jump over some fire before the finish line. After this race I had the best shower of my life!
For this week’s joker bring a photo (on your phone for example) and describe it to me.
Are you ready to start school again? Choose from the following resolutions or add your own, write them down and give them to Mrs Harris for a joker!
- I will reread my lessons every evening
2. I will watch netflix in English
3. I will revise my vocab every day
4. I will change my phone settings to English
5. I will write a diary in English
6. I will put my hand up at least 3 times in every lesson
7. I will reread all my work before giving it to the teacher
8. I will write a grammar checklist before my tests and then write it on the test at the beginning to remember the rules.
9. I wills to go to appui very week
10. I will ask the teacher to explain things I don’t understand
11. With my friends we will message each other in English
If you have any time to improve your English and win a new joker then write a letter to Mrs harris telling her your plans for the holidays, can you use two words from this week’s vocab list?!
Hi! I hope you enjoy the holidays. If, like me you use this time to organise and study here are some ideas:
- Check all your vocabulary tests are corrected 3 times
- Play quizlet to learn the vocabulary
- Reread the textbook and complete all the workbook exercises up to our current page.
FOR THE NEXT JOKER- Take four photos during your holiday, when you return to school come and see me in break and describe the photos to me.
To win an extra joker this week write a letter to you teacher about your progress in English this term.
5ème – tu peux écrire en français si tu veux, explique ce que tu as appris, ce qui était facile, difficile, etc, et tes objectifs jusqu’à Noel.
4ème – Same as 5ème but in English please!
3ème – Same as 4ème – and don’t forget to use the letter format you learnt in class!
The holidays don’t start until Friday afternoon, so if you work hard this week you can enjoy your time off next week 🙂
Hi everyone, hope you’re having a good week, to win a joker this week give me a hobby for at least 15 letters of the alphabet:
abseiling, biking, cooking…
Can you find 26?!
Everyone got great results in the vocabulary tests last week so keep up the good work! Your ICD grammar lessons are now on this site so take a look and start doing practice exercises for your tests next week.
THIS WEEK’S JOKER = Write FIVE phrases, each using a word from vocabulary list 2.
Don’t forget it’s the school photos this Tuesday, and if you want an extra « appui » English class for Friday afternoon ask me before Wednesday lunch.
What are your resolutions this year? If you want a free joker then write 5 resolutions and give me them.
And come and ask me about mine!
I hope you had a great holiday and that you are ready to come back to school and work hard this term – me yes!!
Looking forward to seeing you on Monday 🙂