Here are some tips to help you revise, and not just for your English exams! (and an extra joker!)
- Plan ahead and don’t just revise the night before, you learn something better 4 X 30 minutes than 2 hours just before the exam.
2. Reread & practice your old tests – LOTS OF TEACHERS USE THE SAME EXERCISES IN THE EXAMS!!
3. PRACTICE, don’t just read! Research says we should « learn » for 20% of the time and test ourselves for the other 80%, do exercises from the end of chapter & back of the book, use quizlet, do exercises online at anglaisfacile, ask people to test you.
4. MAKE NOTES of the important information, don’t just re-read it.
5. Highlighting in coloured pens is pretty but NOT efficient, you learn much better by making notes and TESTING YOURSELF than by decorating your work!
6. For your English exams you must revise everything we’ve done since September – grammar, vocabulary and themes.
7. Bring me the notes you make to revise for English and you’ll get an extra joker!
8. Good Luck! – there’s no need to panic, revise a little and often, and remember eating well, a little exercise and plenty of sleep are the best ways to succeed!