Here is a copy of the mark sheet I will use to evaluate your oral ability next week:
Oral Evaluation Term 3 2015
Total & Observation:
Dialogue : /5
- Student understands question and responds appropriately
- Students asks extra questions and reacts to partner, e.g. “Oh you like tennis? I prefer football, did you watch the Swiss world cup match last weekend?”
- Students helps partner, e.g. reformulating questions if partner doesn’t understand
- Student speaks clearly and can be understood
- Student pronounces individual words well
- Student uses appropriate intonation, especially in questions
YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO HAVE THE SAME ACCENT AS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND – OR J-LO!
- Student uses a variety of relevant tenses and grammar items
- Student correctly uses grammar items studied in class this year
- Student uses a variety of lexical items
- Student correctly uses lexical items studied in class this year
- Student uses synonyms instead of repeating partner
Please read it and ask me any questions you have.
Remember for top marks – be natural, have a conversation with your partner, help your partner – this is not an interogation!
See you soon!