For an extra joker this week write a letter to Mrs Harris about Autumn, you can include a poem if you like and a picture too!
The end of term is arriving and many of you need a joker to make up for forgotten books or homework!
The objective of homework, and these jokers is for you to think in English for a little moment outside class, this greatly improves your English level IN class.
As you haven’t had time to do the English I asked you to do outside class, tell me instead when you did « meet » English this week;
Write a list of moments you spoke/heard/read or wrote English outside class this week and give it to Mrs Harris 🙂
To win a joker this week, choose a country and write a postcard telling Mrs Harris why she should visit this country 🙂
If you are starting the spé anglais LLCE in September then I highly recommend you take some time this summer to check out the following books and films:
It is obligatory to study at least two of these works during the year, we will start by reading « The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time » but I recommend that you read/watch the others as well.
– Haddon Mark, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, 2003 ;
– Lee Harper, To Kill a Mockingbird, 1960 ;
– Orwell George, Animal Farm, 1945 ;
– Poe Edgar Allan, The Fall of the House of Usher, 1839 – The Tell-Tale Heart, 1843 (les deux nouvelles comptent pour une œuvre) ;
– Steinbeck John, Of Mice and Men, 1937 ;
– Wilde Oscar, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895.
Œuvres filmiques :
– Nolan Christopher, Interstellar, 2014 ;
– Wise Robert, West Side Story, 1961.
Basically I’ve spent my holiday so far doing this:
- I’ve watched Cloud Atlas, Interstellar, the Green Book and I went to the cinema this week to see Yesterday – I definitely recommend it, in fact I recommend them all. Cloud Atlas blew my mind and I need to watch it again, Interstellar made me cry, and so did the Green Book– which is a lovely story about unlikely friendship.
I’ve read a load of books including A Wrinkle in Time, a children’s book that talks about Einstein’s theory of relativity!
These activities are great ways to keep in touch with English during the holidays, so tell me what you’ve doing to keep up your English, hanging out with English-speaking people? Travelling? Netflix? Let me know here or tag me on instagram @fabenglishteach
I’m sure everyone is very organised this term, but if you would like to win a joker then write and tell me five things I don’t know about you 🙂
Mr Dumoulin is joining Mr and Mrs Gabioud in Paris this weekend, representing the lycée at a salon at Porte de Versailles – pop along if you are in the vicinity!
If you are not in Paris, but you want a little holiday fun and an extra joker then tell me five things you think they should visit while they are in Paris – and explain why!
Extra joker if you put your answer in the comments box below!