Now we’re back at school some of need a new joker or two. To win a joker this week tell me 5 things you did during confinement.
due to some family issues here at Harris Towers there will be some changes this week:
- I’m afraid there won’t be teatime this week
- I might not be about to zoom your lessons to you – but don’t worry I’ll leave you plenty of work!
- Talking of work, it seems some of us teachers have been a little over-enthusiastic in the work we’ve given you, so I’m going to give a lot less this week.
- If however you have some time to practice your English then choose from the activities below:
MONDAY– Bored??? Find the cure to boredom here.
TUESDAY– Today is my birthday! – Write me a message telling me about your BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
WEDNESDAY– Check out this text about April Fool’s day 🙂
THURSDAY– Sick of teachers telling you hat to learn? What would you LIKE to learn about?Have a think and then send me a message telling me about what you want to learn and why.
FRIDAY- ALMOST THE HOLIDAYS, but not quite! These are extremely unusual times we live in, write me a letter about how you are living and studying in confinement, what is your new typical day? Who are you living with? What are the advantages of confinement? and the disadvantages? (Keep a copy – it will be interesting to look at in a few years’ time.)
CM1 – collect objects for our house
CM2 – write a journal everyday of what you do- you can use the present, remember the -s for he/she
6ème – write a journal every day USING THE PAST TENSE
Everyone else: check you have done all the activities in your workbook up to where we are now, revise all the old vocab lists – use quizlet! Put your phone in English, watch series in English, add English subtitles to you youtube videos, learn the words to your favourite English song,…
As from 30th March, Monday teatime chat will be about movies! I imagine many of us will have time to watch a film over the weekend, come and tell me about it on Monday! – This weekend I’ll be watching « The Life of Brian », an old Monty Python film, but you can watch anything 🙂
Même si vous n’avez pas de boîte à chaussures, commencez à regarder ce que vous vous utilisez pour notre maison, boîte de céréales, bouchons, images des magasines, etc.
How are you this week? Things calming down a little? Come and tell me about everything at 4pm every day here.
Many of us are feeling strange at the moment, we were happy when school closed, but now we realise this isn’t a holiday – we can’t go to the cinema or hang out with friends, our parents and teachers say we have to continue learning, our routine has disappeared and we realise we quite liked our routine, it was easy and comfortable.
So what do we do now? Here are some suggestions to make the most of this situation:
1. Get some sleep! Yes you will have chance to sleep a little later in the mornings but keep bedtime reasonable and take this opportunity to catch up on some sleep!
2. Get outside! You can’t hang out in town with your crowd but a bit of exercise, even just a walk, in the fresh air will do you good for your body and brain!
3. Get a Routine! As from Monday morning your teachers will be sending you work regularly, this is a brilliant opportunity to try out modern learning techniques and work more at your own speed.
4. Keep in touch!Everyday I’ll be in my virtual classroom in Zoom to share a chat and a cup of tea with you, just click here
Feel free to contact me by mail or pronote, I’ll be sending you plenty of things to keep you busy 🙂
If you come to class with a word that Mrs Harris doesn’t know you win a JOKER!!
*You must be able to spell it and explain what it means, for example by using it in a phrase.