I’m sure everyone is very organised this term, but if you would like to win a joker then write and tell me five things I don’t know about you 🙂
Mr Dumoulin is joining Mr and Mrs Gabioud in Paris this weekend, representing the lycée at a salon at Porte de Versailles – pop along if you are in the vicinity!
If you are not in Paris, but you want a little holiday fun and an extra joker then tell me five things you think they should visit while they are in Paris – and explain why!
Extra joker if you put your answer in the comments box below!
Come and see your « drôle de profs » in room 8 and 9!
Have a look at some of the projects we work in in English class, ask about the curriculum for your next class,
or just try some British specialities!!
Here are some tips to help you revise, and not just for your English exams! (and an extra joker!)
- Plan ahead and don’t just revise the night before, you learn something better 4 X 30 minutes than 2 hours just before the exam.
2. Reread & practice your old tests – LOTS OF TEACHERS USE THE SAME EXERCISES IN THE EXAMS!!
3. PRACTICE, don’t just read! Research says we should « learn » for 20% of the time and test ourselves for the other 80%, do exercises from the end of chapter & back of the book, use quizlet, do exercises online at anglaisfacile, ask people to test you.
4. MAKE NOTES of the important information, don’t just re-read it.
5. Highlighting in coloured pens is pretty but NOT efficient, you learn much better by making notes and TESTING YOURSELF than by decorating your work!
6. For your English exams you must revise everything we’ve done since September – grammar, vocabulary and themes.
7. Bring me the notes you make to revise for English and you’ll get an extra joker!
8. Good Luck! – there’s no need to panic, revise a little and often, and remember eating well, a little exercise and plenty of sleep are the best ways to succeed!
This photo was taken this summer, I’m just finishing a race in Morzine with a couple of friends. The race was very hard and we are filthy (= very dirty) and exhausted ( = very tired). You can’t see but we are about to jump over some fire before the finish line. After this race I had the best shower of my life!
For this week’s joker bring a photo (on your phone for example) and describe it to me.
Are you ready to start school again? Choose from the following resolutions or add your own, write them down and give them to Mrs Harris for a joker!
- I will reread my lessons every evening
2. I will watch netflix in English
3. I will revise my vocab every day
4. I will change my phone settings to English
5. I will write a diary in English
6. I will put my hand up at least 3 times in every lesson
7. I will reread all my work before giving it to the teacher
8. I will write a grammar checklist before my tests and then write it on the test at the beginning to remember the rules.
9. I wills to go to appui very week
10. I will ask the teacher to explain things I don’t understand
11. With my friends we will message each other in English
If you have any time to improve your English and win a new joker then write a letter to Mrs harris telling her your plans for the holidays, can you use two words from this week’s vocab list?!